Wednesday, January 22, 2014

fatal error

Before the title gets anyone too worked up, let me say, no one died that I know! Just my computer. Last night, my computer let me know:

McAfee Endpoint Encryption
Fatal Error: [0xEE020006] Getting disk info

Good times, great oldies. So, in lieu of the prose I had planned on posting, which is safe and sound on my computer's hard drive, you get this one that I'm making up on the spot. Oftentimes it's good to leave the Spirit some room to work.

I could spin this a million cliche ways - look how much we (I) rely on technology, take life's speed bumps in stride, this could be a God-given gift of patience testing, I shouldn't complain because there were people who slept outside in the single-digit cold last night, etc. I think those have all been written.

Well, this could be cliche too, but I'm going to go with it. I'm really hoping this is just a software problem, because if so, I should be able to recover my files and start fresh. My computer was starting to feel bogged down and sluggish, burdened and distracted by many things. This fatal error, this death, could be an opportunity to start fresh and new. The old life has died, and a new life, washed clean, can replace it. I think that's the opportunity Christ offers us.

What old life, old ways, old states-of-being is God calling us out of, and how will we respond? Will we respond immediately as the disciples did in Matthew 4?

Let's listen closely for God's call today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment