Wednesday, January 28, 2015

creative: letter from a birmingham jail


Doodling, particularly while listening, is one creative exercise I formally discovered in the past few months. Whether music, a staff meeting, or something else, for me, it's a life giving outlet that actually helps me stay focused at the same time. It also fixes things in my memory - I can tie large concepts to these creations.

I created this little doodle while listening to an audio recording of a reading of Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "Letter from Birmingham Jail." I don't have any analysis for it - maybe I'm too scared to try - but the Letter is quite the challenge for people of all backgrounds to be united, speak up for those who are unheard, and work side-by-side.

I actually created this a few days after the King Holiday, but am just getting around to posting! I look forward to sharing more adventures in the near future.

This post is tagged creative: I discovered that one of my great joys in life is doing work with my hands - manual dexterity - tactile thinking and learning and processing. I actually do some artsy things on occasion, like drawing, writing, playing music, poetry, alternative prayer styles, cooking, and many others. Creative posts are my way of being vulnerable and sharing this work and creativity with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment